December 9, 2012

Hippopotamus from "Works of Hideo KOMATSU"

This hippopotamus's face is very cute.
Small nose,little eyes,tiny ears and short legs.
I want to pat his head.
But, folding this work was much more difficult than it looks.
I took 3 hours.
This time, I used a paper that called "Karape lapis".
I was able to express the texture of hippo's skin.


--- Hippopotamus ---
The difficulty:******
Time to fold:3 hours
Paper info:35cm * 35cm (Not cut anywhere)
Reference book:Works of Hideo KOMATSU

Works from the same book

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! I am enjoying seeing your folding. I have a question about the paper you used to fold the Komatsu Hippo... Where do you buy Karape Lapis paper that is 35cm?! I can only find 15cm square sheets :(

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry for my late reply.
      And Thank you very much for your comment.

      I can buy the paper this online shop,
      http://www.olshop.origamihouse.jp/item/904015.html
      or this shop.
      http://www.origamihouse.jp/about/map/map_e.html

      But both only in Japan.
      I don't know how get the paper in another country.
      Sorry.

      Delete

Google AdSense